Preliminary Damage Reports from the Chile Earthquake: February 27, 2010
Gilberto Mosqueda/For MCEER
The international terminal at the Santiago, Chile airport (SCL) remained closed a week after the earthquake.
The preliminary damage reports focus on damage to nonstructural components, such as equipment, ceiling tiles, piping systems, and other building systems, particularly in hospitals. Prepared at the time of the field investigations, they contain preliminary summaries of damage, initial observations and many photographs.
In addition, some of the photographs taken by Gilberto Mosqueda were geotagged. To view the photos, Google Earth desktop software is required and is available as a free download at http://earth.google.com/. Once Google Earth is installed, click here to download and save the file containing the geotag photos. If it does not open automatically, double click the file to open the photos with Google Earth.
- Santiago International Airport
- Félix Bulnes Hospital, Santiago
- Main Hospital in Santiago
- Vespucio Mall, Santiago
- Multi-story Condominium Complex, Santiago
- City of Talca
- Banco Itaú, "Main Square," Talca
- Euro America Insurance Company offices, "Main Square," Talca
- Clinique del Maule, Talca
- Hospital Clinica Herminda Martin, Chillán
- Hospital de San Carlos
- Bridge between San Carlos and Talca
- Molino Victoria, Talca
- Shopping Mall, Talca